While having a beer with an old friend yesterday, we started discussing the use of scripting languages in applications. Having seen a number of .net applications with embedded Lua scripting engines, I suggested that he look at LuaInterface, with the disclaimer that I hadn’t used it much myself.
Having nothing better to do this afternoon, I decided to download the whole thing again (the last version I’d downloaded had languishing in my download folder for about 10 months, and was probably out of date, if I could find it in the first place) and have a go at it. Attached are the results of my messing around. It’s by no means a best practice guide – or even a good practice guide, for that matter – but it looks like it’s working. Continue reading